A Kickstarter campaign is being worked on and will be launched soon. If successful, the funding will be used to further develop INSIGHT into a commercial-ready game. Current placeholder assets (levels, materials, models, animations, UI, sound, particles) will be re-created and replaced by artists who specialise in each field. The game code will also be revamped to fully support competitive online play. Further gameplay and non-gameplay elements will be added such as a matchmaking system, AI enemies (including bots) and more.
Soon a promotional frag contest will be launched, offering prize money for the best FPS frag submitted. All competitive FPS games will be eligible for the contest, and will be independently judged. A video compilation of the top frags submitted (including the prize winners) will be created, and the goal is to include a variety of old and new FPS games. More information about the rules and judging criteria will be available when the contest launches. Subscribe to the newsletter to be emailed when submissions are open.
There is currently no public beta version available, however, occasionally followers of the project will be chosen on an individual basis to help test the game or to give feedback. If you are following the project and interacting (eg. giving feedback in comments or on Twitter) on different platforms you are more likely to be noticed and asked to test a limited build of the game. To increase your chance of being involved with alpha playtesting:
- Follow on Twitter – Engage with Tweets by giving feedback, retweeting and commenting when appropriate
- Subscribe to the newsletter – You will receive info about upcoming builds, beta giveaways and contests, as well as general INSIGHT news updates
- Subscribe on YouTube – All public videos are posted to this YouTube channel, sharing and commenting will help you to be noticed and chosen to beta test
- Join the Discord channel – If you use Discord you can join the INSIGHT channel, where you can get involved with discussions about the game and see unreleased videos / screenshots and information.
- Spread the word – If you know of any communities or friends that would be interested in INSIGHT, share the website URL or YouTube links